Michigan Bureau of Medical Marijuana Regulation Department has announced about the online registration date recently. According to the news portal The Detroit News, the medical patients and doctors will be able to register starting on October 8th, 2018. The reason for this system is to make medical marijuana recommendation under the department. There will also be an offline mode of registration for the marijuana doctors.
Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP)
The MMMP is a state registered program in the Medical Marijuana Regulation. This program administers the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act. By implementing the program, the Bureau will make sure to protect the Medical Marijuana Patients and doctors.
Medical Marijuana Cards
Since 2008, the Michigan Bureau started the registered patients’ service. From 2008 till now more than 2.5 Lac patients have registered under this program. After being registered under the Bureau, the patient and the caregiver get a Card. This card will be valid until the next specific renewal date.
By holding the card, the patient and the caregiver will be able to possess 12 units of cannabis plants or 2.5 ounces of usable cannabis. This allows the cardholder to possess this amount of marijuana for their treatment purposes.
Rules for Online Registration
- Eligibility: Patients who do not have medical cannabis caregiver can only be eligible for the online registration. Those who have such caregivers will not be able to register.
- Registration/ Renewal: Through this online registration, patients can both renew and apply for new cards. Patients can also ask for replacement of the existing cards. They have to mention it on the online application form.
- Fee: Cardholder are needed to pay the registration and renewal fees while applying for the fresh card, replacement or renewal. They can pay their respective fees through online registration as well. Through marijuana banking solutions, they can make payments.
- Update: The existing card holders can update their details on the card through this online registration as well. All they need to do it is provide the correct (updated) details on the form and submit.
- Check Status: Once the online registration is submitted, the patients or the registering member can check the status of their application by signing in to the portal. They can anytime check whether their application is processing or not.
- Withdrawal: This online service can also be used to withdraw the names of the patients. The patients who are no longer in need of medical cannabis can withdraw their name from anywhere through online application submission.
Would you like to hear more about our processing?
Call us at (844) 420-4729 or leave us a message here.